The Federation is open to state authorised translators. It was formed in 1932 and is Sweden’s oldest translator federation.
The Federation’s members
- possess unique competence and knowledge
- perform all types of advanced translations
- are bound by confidentiality prescribed in law and are under state supervision
- work in accordance with generally accepted professional ethical rules
- are entitled to use Kammarkollegiet’s official translator’s stamp for verification of translations
- represent more than 30 languages
- undertake assignments from government agencies, companies and private individuals
- represent professionalism, service, stability and reliability
Certain translators are certified both into as well as from a language. Others are authorised to or from several languages. The state authorisation issued in Sweden is only valid for translations between Swedish and a foreign language.